Tuesday, November 04, 2008

small numbers and perception

Not that important and we all should be glued to the news to see how this all turns out... but I read over on the PG ER blog this quote from someone on voter turnout after 6pm:
After voting, I talked with a friend at the (Ward 14) District 26 table. Carol Lazear, my former next-door neighbor who works as an elections official, said District 26 had had 362 voters out of 600 so far. "We're going to hit 400, I'm sure."

It seemed to be a quote in the context of how big turnout is. Just a quick look, 14-26 had 435 votes cast for president in 2004, which may undercount a few folks who showed up to vote for other races and not for president (it happens, not much but it happens). So they have to have a decent end of the day push just to get back to where they were last time around.

Don't get me wrong, I believe the big turnout story, but it will vary across the nation and it's always interesting to me to see how people perceive numbers.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, we didn't do too much better compared to 2004 in 14-38 either. About 70 percent turnout. Really good, of course, but about the same as 2004, if I recollect properly.

Wednesday, November 05, 2008 11:14:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home