Sunday, May 14, 2006

Post Zero

How narrow is the gap between being a technophile and being a luddite? A lot closer than you think these days. It has been pointed out that my long-standing web page is now considered somewhat archaic. My defense is that it has been a decade since the first version of that web age was first put online and over the years it has generated an interesting set of responses from literally around the world. So maybe it was a proto-blog at one point, but is now showing its age. So we will try something new (for me) with this blog.

So, where does one start. It seems obligatory to begin with the question of what this blog is about. Everything and nothing is the easiest answer. It will clearly be focused on, but not limited to, topics on Pittsburgh and its environs. Since that doesn't really narrow it down much it will more often than not be focused on the things I care about: the region's economy, its population and labor force and local public finance. Beyond that it will just be what blogs are probably meant to be: musings and other streams of consciousness that don't really belong anywhere else. Hopefully it will have items of interest that readers will not get elsewhere. The great thing about blogs is that the audience is entirely self-selected. You can ignore all the blogs you want, but if you choose to peruse what I publish here: welcome.

Just to be clear. The thoughts expressed here are purely my own and reflect no official position of any employer or client of mine: past, present or future.

That being said, let's begin.

2 Comments:

Blogger Vanessa Lund said...

I wouldn't say your webpage was archaic. I think "classic" would be the politically correct term. Regardless of appearance, it had/has great information. I see the blog is keeping up the tradition. I'll be reading frequently!

Friday, May 26, 2006 7:49:00 PM  
Blogger Vannevar said...

I'm pleased to know that this is a zero-base-indexed blog - see wiki.

Keep up the great work!

Thursday, December 31, 2009 9:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home