Sunday, March 09, 2008

OT: Как времена меняются

Off topic and as an editorial note: Felix Edmondovich, you may want to avert your eyes; this may cause you some trauma.

Some years ago I spent part of the summer in the USSR (well, technically I think they were calling themselves the CIS at the time). One weekend the only western news I could find was an outdated edition of the Economist magazine which I felt empowered reading while sitting against a wall of the Kremlin. Even that would have been impossible months earlier, and you could feel history tilting all around.

But one of those pictures that define a generation may be the picture below I found on the Innovation in Newspapers blog, though the w's are not specified and I wish I knew the original sourcing. But if this picture does not say it all:


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home