Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Registrants needed

I was just musing over some domain names that someone ought to register.


No, not me. The season has begun, but the cupboard is bare?


It really is available. Own a piece of proto-Burghosphere history.


No, Bram is not in any trouble as far as I know. But peering into the crystal ball, all I am saying is that there is now a bevy of lawyers regularly mentioned in the same paragraphs as Burgosphere Blogger Bram. Lawyers=trouble and if push comes to shove who knows what may happen.


What is the Pirates record? When does football season begin. I thought I was being cute, but this domain is actually registered. Why?


Think I jest? Mark my words.


already registered..... Maybe it's for sale?


Blogger Bram Reichbaum said...

If I get sued, I become more powerful than they can possibly imagine. They must realize this.

And although in principle I am prepared to go to jail to protect sources, I don't know who the Burgher is and I don't know who delivered Love of Chair to us -- so I have nobody and nothing to protect. I suppose he could subpoena my laptop and my DNA and go on a fishing expedition, but as we learned recently those kinds of moves boomerang against those who actually have things to hide.

Someone should register the domain just in case, though. Very comforting.

Tuesday, April 29, 2008 11:34:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! The first time that I Googled riverboatgamblingpittsburgh the verizon/yahoo search thingy came back with the question, "Did you mean 'Las Vegas'?" The second time, Google came back with a hit for Null Space.

Wednesday, April 30, 2008 8:25:00 AM  
Blogger C. Briem said...

more power to you Bram.. but the legal system isn't that simple. It may be worth looking up some of the history on GrantStreet99. While the circumstances are not the same they are close enough to give some pause. Before it all subsided the case involved the local Court of Common Pleas, Federal Court, State Superior Court (or at least a state Superiour Court judge) and dragged on in various forms for years.

So I will leave it to the legal beagles to give advice.. I suspect you are on firmer ground than those that came before you but still its tricky and not all cases work out as you think they should:


So I really do suggest you get a lawyer just in case.

Wednesday, April 30, 2008 11:06:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home