Wednesday, May 07, 2008

November cometh

Not trying to prejudge anything myself, but the news seems to really be saying the Democratic primary season is ending. If so then it is now time to look toward the fall and just about the coolest political graphic I have seen. I have posted this before, but for anyone with an inkling of interest in political history needs to check out the New School's Parsons Institute for Information Mapping (PIIM) Voting Tool. You really need to try it out by launching the application (click on the map on the left of the intro page). It has different types of presentations of presidential electoral results, some that I have yet to figure out. It also allows you to play with counterfactual outcomes by state to see how different elections could have turned out. It also has electoral results going back to the birth of the Republic, as they say.

Yes, I'm jealous. Someday (long in the future) I will do the same for local elections.


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home