Saturday, October 18, 2008

I would like to copyright Lawrenceville please

More important that it may appear, especially to the more technical mapophiles of the world. See Wired magazines synopsis of a case worth watching: Lawsuit Claims Mapmaking Firm Owns Your Neighborhood.


Blogger Mike Madison said...

Try as you may Chris, you can't copyright (or trademark, or patent) Lawrenceville. ;-) And neither can Maponics. Another sign of overbroad, over-reaching IP by a firm struggling to sell a traditional product in a new IT world.

Sunday, October 19, 2008 9:57:00 AM  
Anonymous MH said...

I tried to copyright peeing against the alley wall in the Southside, but that didn't work either. But, it would have been brilliant because the police make a nice list of everyone who I could have sued for infringement.

Sunday, October 19, 2008 8:45:00 PM  
Anonymous MH said...

I just realized that Mr. Madison is a lawyer. I'm thinking of appealing my copyright case, but I'm concerned about how to proceed. In his ruling, the judge complained frequently about 'prose litigation'. Does that mean I should file my appeal in verse?

Also, should I tell the judge about all the typos in his ruling? Every time he used the word 'prose', he had a space in the middle of the word. I'm thinking he had something funny set-up in the auto correct tool.

Monday, October 20, 2008 12:10:00 PM  
Blogger C. Briem said...

and I was hoping to make a killing... oh well.

Monday, October 20, 2008 12:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home