Saturday, October 11, 2008

Vampire energy.....

Just for fun, this is getting a lot of play if you have not seen this Youtube clip on 'vampire energy' worth watching. Schulz may like it if nobody else...... What's funny is that I poke fun at my mother who goes around and unplugs things when not in use that most of us leave plugged in always... maybe Mom really does know best?


Blogger Schultz said...

I did enjoy, thank you for posting. Just doing a count of the appliances in my house that are using up vampire energy I have a TV, DVD player, cable set top box, fax machine, and at least 1 laptop (if the adapters are not unplugged). I think the number 40 is high but then again we don't have kids so unless our dogs have gadgets that are unaccounted for I think we have anywhere from 5 to 10 devices that are using vampire energy. How do fix this? Tom Friedman thinks that all states should follow California's lead by giving incentives to the utilities to promote and spend capital on energy efficiency. If I recall correctly California's total electricity usage hasn't budged over the past decade or two despite their economy growing by 40% during the same period. They were able to achieve this because the state government gave the utilities incentives to provide solar panels, weatherizing, and smart metering.

Saturday, October 11, 2008 9:00:00 PM  
Anonymous Jerry said...

Must be something in the air. I was motivated to buy one of these just yesterday.

Sunday, October 12, 2008 11:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home