Da plane! Da plane!
Rule 11: Scoring
Section 2 Touchdown
Article 1 It is a touchdown (3-38):
- (a) when a runner advances from the field of play and the ball touches the opponents’ goal line (plane); or
- (b) while inbounds any player catches or recovers a loose ball (3-2-3) on or behind the opponents’ goal line.
- (1) The ball is automatically dead at the instant of legal player possession on, above, or behind the opponents’ goal line.
- (2) The Referee may award a touchdown when a palpably unfair act deprives the offended team of one.
- (3) For a foul after a touchdown (between downs), see 3-11-2-a and 14-5.
and down in Baltimore, they have a sports columnist literally named Schmuck?