Saturday, April 25, 2009

Relocate where?

I'll be honest, even I am getting tired of these lists. But RelocateAmerica has a list saying Pittsburgh is the third best place to live in the US. Also, Wheeling is listed in their top 100 places as well.

It's a curious Pittsburgh writeup. Like so many such things they confuse city and region...and for some reason it says the city's population is 359,000 which I don't think is coming from any source I am aware of. It describes One Oxford Center as 'futuristic' which isn't so odd, but it also says " we used to call it the Jetson's Building". I used to work in the building and that's new on me. and speaking of Rich F. it also syas the city has "an 'Eds and Meds' approach to employment. These economic sectors have helped Pittsburgh attract and retain the much-sought-after "creative classes."

My call, it's mostly marketing following marketing at this point. It's like we are the new 'it' place.. but hey any media is good media they say.


Anonymous RoboticGhost said...

FWIW, had a link to a WTAE story titled "Why are there 27,000 job openings in Pittsburgh?" on the main page yesterday. Like you said, any media is good media.

I'd like to see a meme emerge about redefining the Rust Belt. I'm not so sure Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, and for that matter Buffalo really qualify any longer. Yet the designation sticks and image counts. "Rust Belt" means something, I'm just not sure it means Pittsburgh anymore.

And just because this needs to be in the Burgh blogosphere somewhere:

H/T Matt Taibbi of all people.

Saturday, April 25, 2009 10:28:00 AM  
Blogger C. Briem said...

wow, and some think we have a self-confidence problem.

Saturday, April 25, 2009 9:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home