Friday, May 08, 2009

If you own a bike - watch this:

....and if you don't own a bike... go buy one.


Anonymous MH said...

I'll pass. Pittsburgh is pretty hilly and my garage is pretty full.

Friday, May 08, 2009 11:10:00 AM  
Blogger n'at said...

lol at 2:07 - acid mine drainage... serenity now!!!

Friday, May 08, 2009 1:17:00 PM  
Blogger joe said...

n'at: maybe someone needs to bike out there and create another AMDandArt project"?

Thanks for posting this video Chris -- it inspires me to get another bike and get out there (mine was swiped while living in Regent Square a few years back).

Speaking of touring around, that one image near the end from the West End Bridge reminded me: has anyone read any good blogging related to the Pittsburgh Marathon? I ran half of it, and think the whole marathon experience has a lot of potential for introducing others (and ourselves) to Pittsburgh neighborhoods. I want to run the whole thing next year just to run through Bloomfield...

Friday, May 08, 2009 9:26:00 PM  
Blogger C. Briem said...

I've biked by that waterfall just before Sutersville an unknown number of times. I am embarassed to say I didn't quite realize it had to be mine runoff. Just thought there was a lot of iron in that hill. D'oh!

stolen bikes... been there too. We actually just put together a map of bike thefts in town over the last several years. I think Bike Pittsburgh may put it online. Trust me you are not alone.

I was away for the marathon. But yeah, Bloomfield is pretty crazy. You're right. Not much blog commenting. I guess the principals who would care are all out there running. Someone must have been twittering while running??

Friday, May 08, 2009 9:43:00 PM  
Blogger joe said...

I did see one guy carrying his own little camera taking photos...The "split time text messaging system" didn't seem to work as advertised. My wife got a text at 1:00pm with my first split.

It was surreal to run through the Strip around Mile 2 or 3 and be surrounded by everyone running with headphones. I run with music most of the time, but on Sunday it was nice to hear the people along the way calling out names and cheering people on, and the bands, etc. Special thanks to the lone guy playing the bongos on the North Side at the crest of that little hill.

It was cool also to see all the Pittsburgh Promise folks out cheering people on, with their highway sign messaging methods.

The run opened up one view of the Point I had never taken in, along the Ohio just west of the Duquesne Incline.

Spot your favorite Pittsburgh Marathon runner here...

I didn't realize there was even a relay component to the race -- so you don't have to be a marathoner (or half) to run's a great way to see the City.

Friday, May 08, 2009 11:29:00 PM  
Blogger Schultz said...

Would be cool if the Allegheny Passage trail was the start of a Appalachian Trail for bikes.

Sunday, May 10, 2009 6:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home