Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Statue of Liberty: 1, Pittsburgh Republicans: 0

One less mayoral candidate in the fall. Breaking news via Mr. Wander's own site is news that Luke Ravenstahl will be the Republican nominee for Mayor. And that is after a bit premature victory blog post last week. Per his blog the unofficial count as of now (Wednesday afternoon?) is:

Luke Ravenstahl - 497
Josh Wander - 147
Others - 245
Absentee ballots (uncounted) - 241

At 147 votes he would not have made that 250 vote threshold even if LR had not garnered the most votes. Makes you wonder if the Republicans were at least semi-organized against against such a write in campaign.


Anonymous MH said...

I very much doubt they were organized for anything. But, is there a way to see the 'Other' votes? I'm kind of curious. I do a lot of write-ins.

Wednesday, May 27, 2009 9:25:00 PM  
Blogger C. Briem said...

I do mean only semi-organized. But there is a county Republican committee and at least nominally a city Republican committee isn't there. Jim Roddey is always touting how he is repopulating the local committee memebership. Theoretically there are 800 committee spots in the city itself. Most spots are vacant I realize, but is it really impossible for them to generate 250 write in votes just via their committee members if needed? That they couldn't or chose not to is curious to me. I mean, I may pick on this Wander character, but this is a party that nominated Harry Frost to represent them not too long ago. I'm missing something.

Wednesday, May 27, 2009 9:58:00 PM  
Blogger Pittsburgh Guy said...

I was at a Dowd event shortly before the primary. There were a lot of Repugs there, and Dowd made a very specific push to get Republican write in votes. I wonder how many he did get. Any way it makes sense that Luke got the Repug nomination since he seems more aligned with Republican views than any candidate they have nominated for mayor in many years, including Roddy.

Wednesday, May 27, 2009 11:22:00 PM  
Blogger jwander said...

As stated on my blog, most of the 'others' were, in my opinion, for Dowd...Any other questions can be addressed to me directly!

Best regards,


Wednesday, June 03, 2009 12:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home