Wednesday, July 01, 2009

A bit of auto-blogging

Not around this week so I left this to go off to fill a day. I get asked how many folks read here. I really don't know. Yes, I do have a hit counter and , but I have been told by more than a few readers that they read via RSS readers out there (Google viewer, bloglines, others?) and obviously those readers are not showing up on in hitcounter metrics unless they click through for some reason.

Nonetheless, I never actually made this chart before. For those who are interested this is what my hitcounter says are unique daily readers here since inception.

Now I can say there are different factors that would tell me those numbers there are either over-estimates of daily readers or under-estimates. Again, most reading via RSS readers are not showing up. I really have no idea how many of those folks are out there. At the same time I am not sure all those 'readers' should 'count'. Given the esoteric topics I put up, what I notice is that search engine hits here are often for things that really have little to do with the blog itself.. so I suspect random folks out there click though, quickly determine there isn't much here for them and move on. There are even a handful of math majors every day looking literally for 'null space' whom I think find little to help them with here.
So there you go.. take it FWIW.


Blogger smallstreams said...

I guess I count since I passed the Turing test (read the captcha).

Wednesday, July 01, 2009 9:18:00 PM  
Anonymous MH said...

Did you want me to start signing my comments "Scarlett Johansen's Cleavage"?

Wednesday, July 01, 2009 10:54:00 PM  
Blogger Zheng junxai5 said...

true religion outlet
ray ban outlet
louis vuitton purses
jordan retro 13
nike sb dunks
rolex watches
kd 7 shoes
oakley canada
coach outlet
cheap jordans
nike air max uk
adidas running shoes
nike outlet store
michael kors outlet clearance
nike store
nike outlet
louis vuitton outlet online
air jordan homme
kate spade handbags
nike roshe run
coach factory outlet online
montblanc pens
louis vuitton outlet stores
louis vuitton handbags
michael kors purses
michael kors outlet clearance
tiffany and co jewelry
oakley sunglasses wholesale
tory burch boots
louis vuitton outlet stores
kate spade handbags
michael kors outlet online
michael kors handbags
jordan 3 retro
abercrombie and fitch
fitflop shoes
air jordan shoes
coach outlet online
michael kors outlet

Tuesday, May 17, 2016 9:04:00 PM  
Blogger Fangyaya said...

louis vuitton handbags
jordans for sale
kate spade outlet
coach outlet
ray ban sunglasses outlet
replica rolex watches
timberland boots
coach outlet store online
coach outlet
celine outlet
cartier watches outlet
kate spade handbags
vans sneakers
louis vuitton bags
michael kors outlet online
michael kors outlet
louis vuitton outlet stores
coach outlet
coach outlet online
ray ban sunglasses
coach factory outlet
michael kors outlet online
coach factory outlet
michael kors uk
pandora charms
hollister jeans
cheap ray ban sunglasses
polo shirts
michael kors outlet clearance

Monday, August 08, 2016 10:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home