Monday, July 20, 2009

Someone likes the Burgh's milieu

Someone in St. Louis really likes Pittsburgh.


Anonymous MH said...

I feel somebody here should say something nice about St. Louis in return, but I haven't seen any of it except that airport and that was back when TWA existed. I suppose we could mention the arch, but I'm guess they get that all the time.

Monday, July 20, 2009 10:42:00 PM  
Anonymous DBR96A said...

I've been to St. Louis a few times. It's a lot like Pittsburgh, except the hills are smaller and the rivers are bigger.

St. Louis County is a lot like Allegheny County with a lot of tiny boroughs that have only a couple thousand people in them.

Monday, July 20, 2009 11:01:00 PM  
Blogger C. Briem said...

St. Louis County and Allegheny County also happen to be considered to have two most fragmented local governments in the nation.

Tuesday, July 21, 2009 6:41:00 AM  
Blogger C. Briem said...

and thinking about TWA a bit.. St. Louis and Pittsburgh share the same scale of airline pain watching industry consolidation take out a major employer.

Tuesday, July 21, 2009 8:53:00 AM  
Blogger Matt M. said...

That's my blog post.

I can't tell you the welcome and the general good feelings still left over from my Pittsburgh visit. I think of it as a denser architectural cousin to St. Louis, a cousin in its quirkiness to New Orleans, and a relative in its vibrancy to much-larger Chicago.

I will be writing more on my Pittsburgh visit in the days to come.

And I will be back to Pittsburgh soon!

Tuesday, July 21, 2009 3:42:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Gateway to the East". I like that.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 9:05:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home