Saturday, August 29, 2009

Der G20 kommt, der G20 kommt!

I didn't catch this when it ran, but I am told WDUQ had a story last week highlighting yet another G20 themed web site. This one by a local firm who created a site in German aimed I presume at the German media and sundry visitors who will be here for the G20 festivities.  

The thing is of course that although Americans are woefully deficient at learning languages other than their own, I bet most Germans coming here for the G20 event know English pretty well.  Nonetheless I may pass it on to the German media folks, both print and radio journalists, who have been here before and will be here again I suspect.  As that one story is subtitled: "The old steel city of Pittsburgh was the Ruhr in the U.S.."

and the best thing about German copy editors....they never forget the 'h'.

You can always read Nullspace in German as well. 


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gay zwanzig!

Monday, August 31, 2009 9:15:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home