Tuesday, August 25, 2009

G20 and the fountain

Hey, I didn't know this.  Last I heard the fountain at the point was out of commission and it just wasn't going to be possible for the state to get it fixed in time for the G20.

But wait a sec. Alcoa has a press release today saying it has it's engineers working to get the point's fountain up and running by the time our foreign friends drive through the Fort Pitt Tunnel.  I assume they would not go out of their way to advertise the fact if they didn't think they were likely to succeed.  Brilliant PR when you think about it if it works.  I've heard lots of people talk of being disappointed if the point's repairs could not be accelerated to make the fountain functional by the G20 dates.   So if Alcoa succeeds you will have everyone being appreciative of the work and impressed they could get something done the state couldn't.  Ok,  that may not be so impressive put that way.   But the 'earned media' will be pretty volumnious I bet. 


Anonymous MH said...

I wouldn't worry about the fountain. I'd worry what happens when somebody staying near the convention center asks for directions to the closest liquor store.

Tuesday, August 25, 2009 11:39:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did the State Store on Liberty close? If so, there's a fancy wine store in Oxford Centre, and I think you can get 40s on Federal Street.

Wednesday, August 26, 2009 9:15:00 AM  
Anonymous MH said...

Have you seen the State Store on Liberty? (Maybe they fixed it up, but I doubt it.)

Wednesday, August 26, 2009 10:33:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home