Monday, August 24, 2009


What may be the single biggest news of the day is that a fire shut down production of Mallo Cups.  What I still can't quite explain is that the search term most likely to wind up here is nothing about Pittsburgh, but literally  "Mallo Cup Prize Catalog".  That and people keep posting comments on that post on Mallo Cups here from 3 years ago. 

But the fire seems pretty minor.  There will likely be no need for Mallo Cup rationing.

Somewhat seriously though.   I actually did bring up Mallo Cups in conversation recently and someone didn't believe they were being made any more.  For years I didn't notice them much at all, but there seems to be a renewed marketing effort of late. If cupcakes can be the 'it' pastry then I see no reason Mallo Cups can't make a comeback. 


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your post prompted me to buy a Mallo Cup today. The first bite tasted very metallic, and a couple of subsequent segments seems a little off too. Not a pleasant experience, but I did save my Mallo Money, just in case.

Wednesday, August 26, 2009 9:18:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home