Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Old Twits - Young Pittsburgh

We need one of those false quizes.. Something like: how old do you think your average Twitter user is? The NYT today has an interesting piece today pointing out that Twitter growth is not a teenage thing at all, but being driven by older demographics.

And I now clearly admit I am an older demographic by all definitions other than compared to the average Pittsburgh voter. Judging from my relative age to that of the students that have taken over Oakland as they move in, I clearly must be eligible for Social Security.  Could the concentration of younger people here in the city proper be one of the highest such concentrations for a large city in the US.  Youth-Burgh? We actually could have one of the highest concentrations of old people and the highest concentrations of young people at the same time.  What the city is missing are the folks in between. 

But the Twitter article reminds me of Brian O'Neill's anti-Twitter column a few months ago which I once commented on over on Pittsblog. But I have to admit I really don't Twit much either, I will when I figure out what to put on Twitter vice here. The greater irony is that Brian is a twitterer, more so than I am.

But on news and twitter.  May just be my own interests, but the more useful local news twittering comes from Lauren L-H the editor of the Pittsburgh Biz Times who is an active twitterer. Maybe there could be a twitter competition among local publications. 


Blogger joe said...

What the city is missing are the folks in between.

What the city is missing is some way to bring the old people and the young people together. Talk about your people power.

On twitter, #MyG20 is a great story ..."crowd-curated"

Wednesday, August 26, 2009 10:06:00 PM  
Blogger C. Briem said...

Generations together? seems like I have heard that phrase before. :-)

Thursday, August 27, 2009 7:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home