Thursday, August 13, 2009

Wettick Watch

Look at that.... supreme court tosses the county's attempt to delay implementation of Judge Wettick's assessment ruling even more than it has been delayed already. Has Judge Wettick become the most important person in the Commonwealth when it comes to the impending race for governor? I do keep a link there on the right to the local case docket for those who are interested. See where it is labeled "Wettick Watch" and just click through when it asks for a date range. The last record coming up right now tells the tale.

Anyway.... Without asking Mr. Google, who knows where this quote comes from which came to mind?:

"I strenuously object?" Is that how it works? Hm? "Objection." "Overruled." "Oh, no, no, no. No, I STRENUOUSLY object." "Oh. Well, if you strenuously object then I should take some time to reconsider."
No need to repeat myself on any of this, I have little new to say. Just some of my past assessment comments are in these past posts if you care:

Which is also my title for one of the few things in ink I have on this which was in the Trib a long time ago: Groundhog day in the assessment office


Anonymous MH said...

I'm thinking (hoping) I've got until 2011 before I have to pay on a higher assessed value. I don't see how they can do it any quicker.

Thursday, August 13, 2009 4:04:00 PM  
Blogger n'at said...

First hit is imdb... i thought it was dialogue from a skit performed by those silly moppets on bbc oh so long ago, but no.

but, yeah... "I'm a lawyer!" Is not the best rallying cry to the general public.

Thursday, August 13, 2009 4:27:00 PM  
Blogger EdHeath said...

Few Good Men.

Sans Google.

Thursday, August 13, 2009 10:36:00 PM  
Blogger C. Briem said...

Très Bien. When it came to the county and assessments I was also thinking the more memorable Jack Nicholson quote would be appropriate as well. Anyone?

Thursday, August 13, 2009 11:28:00 PM  
Anonymous MH said...

"You can't handle the truth"

But realistically, pretty much any mention of property taxes makes me think about how the PPS loses 25% of their students and 0% of their budget. And why I'm going to be paying more for them to retire when my own 401k is crashing and I have to save to put my kid in a school that is actually good.

Thursday, August 13, 2009 11:58:00 PM  
Anonymous MH said...

But won't somebody think of the Assistant to the Deputy Superitendent for Calculus and Tetherball.

Friday, August 14, 2009 10:18:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home