Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Ever more media

Maybe a temporary post for those who want to catch this in the morning.  Tomorrow AM on NPR, WDUQ 90.5 here, Morning Edition should have this:

G-20 Summit Lets Pittsburgh Show Off City After Steel.  By Scott Horsley. Maybe they will have other segments in the afternoon, I do not know. 

and if you want your own copy before they sell out... Thursday's edition of the Financial Times has it's special section on Pittsburgh.  though I am not quite sure how you would get a copy easily around here.  They must have extra copies being delivered to be sold around town.  I actually am a print subscriber (my only print subscription of any kind I think)...  But a lot of familiar folks quoted in these stories:

Face of the city: Civic foresight aids shift to cafe culture
Industry: No longer ‘hell with the lid off’
Rennaissance: Thriving on diversity instead of its mills
New industries: More than eds and meds

But again:  Hell with the lid off!   It's become a theme I think.  As I passed on from an unattributable source, a misquoted or at least misunderstood theme.  I haven't quite discerned it, but there is some deeper meaning in the misuse of the quote.

and Washington Post covers us: Pittsburgh Shows How the Rust Belt Can Be Polished Up


Anonymous MH said...

I think it is good that Greenpeace put their sign where you get a good view of downtown in the background.

Wednesday, September 23, 2009 11:40:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha... agreed MH... made for some really dramatic photos! Thanks Greenpeace!

Thursday, September 24, 2009 2:08:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home