Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Money and Politics II

There in Manyeyes I have put a visualization of campaign cash in the accounts of the Pennsylvania General Assembly incumbents.  It goes along with the similar graphic I put up last week with similar data for current Pennsylvania Senate members.

By my estimation, the cumulative total  of all state house incumbents comes to about $6.8 million currently. That is obviously a very dynamic number, but is it a lot?  I note the story yesterday that Dan O. himself is holding almost $6 million in campaign cash.  With another month or so of fundraising, I bet Dan O. will make it to $7 million.  He certainly will be there before 2010 begins.  I'm not quite sure what it means that just one  gubernatorial candidate has more campaign cash than all the members of the Pennsylvania General Assembly combined.


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home