Thursday, November 19, 2009

all 'Burgh all the time - the reprise

Well...... there was a brief pause after the G20 tsunami, but it continues.  Note the Burgh mentions in:

ForbesAmerica's Fastest-Recovering Cities

Time:  America, Where Every City is a Health-Care Industry Mecca

although the news going all around is all about the fiscal story of late. See the long article in Inside Higher Education for: All Eyes on Pittsburgh


Anonymous johnnyg said...

I've noticed the promotion of healthcare recently myself. Even in LA, cabbies recently touted the great healthcare centers at UCLA and USC. What I can't tell is, is it different here? I mean, my impression is that biotech remains small here. But my impression is that UPMC, with its management of hospitals worldwide and its tech initiatives with IBM and Xerox, is different. Similarly with Highmark; doesn't it actually run 7 or 8 different BC/BS organizations across the country? That seems qualitatively different than being one of the best regional medical centers; e.g. AGH.

Friday, November 20, 2009 9:58:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home