Tuesday, December 22, 2009

editorial note

99.7% of you can skip this.... but I would love to know who it that is on vacationin the Antilles? 

Written as a stare at the remaining ice needing to be chipped in my driveway.

Today's hits: 


Blogger nbguzna said...

It's warm here.

Tuesday, December 22, 2009 5:55:00 PM  
Anonymous Kristen said...

I often wonder if bloggers notice where their readers originate. The fun I have is- that hit from Seattle? It is me sitting here working in my home office in Brighton Heights (Pittsburgh neighborhood for those of you in Europe!). I work for a company in Seattle, so when I am working, I am virtually there. The wonder of the internet! I want to know who is in India, or if they really are there at all?

Wednesday, December 23, 2009 11:45:00 AM  
Blogger n'at said...

Perhaps when Chennai workers are not answering calls from us, they're practicing their non-regional diction and discussing southwestern pennsylvania economic policy?

Wednesday, December 23, 2009 12:37:00 PM  
Blogger C. Briem said...

absolutely true that most people are overinterpreting web metrics these days.. it different ways, that issue is only one problem. In this case some regular reader really is in the Antilles for sure.. I take nbguzna at their word. that or the bonaire television station is making some side money as an internet anonymizer service...

the other places.. a lot are legitimately overseas.. but a lot of those far flung places hitting the blog are most likely web search hits that get here inadvertently.. Math undergraduates wondering what "Null Space" is are common. But one mystery I have not quite figured out. Overseas hits from all over regularly come from a search of "PG real estate" or "PG real estate nulled"... yet has nothing to do with the PG here as best I can tell.

Wednesday, December 23, 2009 12:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home