Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Random afternoon musings

Remember all that discussion and debate ('debate' might be an exaggeration) over the city cash to placed into an  irrevocable trust of some type.  Guess not. What was the point of all that noise?  How does that impact the 5 year plan?  Word of the day: fungible.

Judge Wettick didn't quite use that 'contempt' word...  yet.   All I can say is "Groundhog Day" (man I wrote that a long time ago).  Isn't it amazing how little interest there is in the whole story which directly impacts 550K properties in the county and potentially much of Pennsylvania.  There was a day it was issue #1 for years on end. (KDKA has the:  live shot.?)

CNN has this on other cities' experiences with drilling for natural gas .   Given my past observation this is all happening here I am surprised how little interest or coverage is of similar issues here.  I know a lot of local folks are concerned. 

Let the campaigns begin.  Walko closing his state rep office. This one might be a free for all.  Just asking: Is he still the PWSA chairman? 

Finally...   if there were 5 people in town who cared about this story, I would be one of them... and I don't think I am one of them.


Blogger Burgher Jon said...

I think the reason there is little interest in the assessment story is that we all know its coming and its just a matter of when now. When I bought my house on the south side for almost 400% of its assessed value, I knew that it wasn't going to last forever and I'm willing to pay the increased taxes, just waiting to be informed of when I'll have to. Wake me when something is decided.

Thursday, December 03, 2009 12:17:00 PM  
Blogger C. Briem said...

I hate to say I am pretty sure you are exception and not rule. Folks have heard pretty clearly ACE is not going to do an assessment and that is what they believe.. for at least a few hours longer I suppose.

Thursday, December 03, 2009 6:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home