Thursday, March 25, 2010

Cleveburgh notes

I forgot to mention this when I saw it, but I was fascinated that I saw advertising books around town last month for the Cleveland International Film Festival.   Still a few days left and you can catch it until Sunday.   I probably can't make it up there myself, though I do see one I'd like to see:  Youngstown, still standing.

Speaking of Cleveland...  Article worth scanning from our neighbor up the turnpike.   Cleveland Magazine has an article on the misma that is the Cleveland housing market titled: Tear it Down, and subtitled: Foreclosure, sprawl and a sagging economy have left a crumbling American Dream in their wake. These ruins remain, scarring our city. But there is hope for a fresh start.


Anonymous MH said...

You do realize that wanting to travel to Cleveland to see a film about Youngstown is not normal? Not as abnormal as wanting to travel to Youngstown, but still.

Friday, March 26, 2010 9:10:00 AM  
Anonymous MH said...

The only exception would be if Rick Sebak made the film.

Friday, March 26, 2010 9:44:00 AM  
Blogger C. Briem said...

A zombie film in Cleveland?

Friday, March 26, 2010 9:46:00 AM  
Blogger n'at said...

I'll trade our mayor, his staff and the Allegheny Conference for Youngstown's mayor. We'll have a Sebak/Buba/Romero rockumentary about the whole thing, which will open in Cleveland...

Friday, March 26, 2010 10:13:00 AM  
Anonymous MH said...

I don't think I've ever been to Youngstown. My impression of the area comes from having taken a couple of trips to nearby Warren.

Friday, March 26, 2010 10:19:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home