Monday, March 08, 2010

The Socks Make the City

A few have seen this before me, a Mayo tweet and PG+ both take note of recent coverage of Pittsburgh in the Chinese media

Reminds me of some coverage during the G20:  Pittsburgh pulls up socks as it prepares for G20 summit.  If only we could get them to fund our Maglev.  Does make me wonder if there is anything sparking Chinese interest.  Coverage like that isn't random. Maybe one of those sovereign wealth funds will be bidding on the parking assets.  Anyone spot Kunka in Beijing?

You think I jest?  Don't the French own Kennywood and the Spanish own Yellow Cab.... or is it the other way around?


Anonymous johnnyg said...

Other way around. Parques Reunidos (Madrid) owns Kennywood; Veolia Transportation (France) owns Yellow Cab.

You do this just to test me, don't you?! ;-)

Monday, March 08, 2010 9:51:00 AM  
Anonymous MH said...

If local leaders are going to look for foreign financing, I hope somebody warns them about messages from Nigeria. Though these messages make more sense than most local revenue proposals, I think I read somewhere that they are likely to be fraudulent.

Monday, March 08, 2010 12:33:00 PM  
Blogger C. Briem said...

I had a funny thought of us flooding Nigeria with emails.. maybe we can offer them a ground level opportunity to buy a share of a municipal pension system or something.

Monday, March 08, 2010 8:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home