Tuesday, March 02, 2010

the most important metric ever

I can't pass this up...  sent in from the local NS readership (via Twitter no less).  I really really need to do a localized version of this map.  I should have thought of this:


Via FlowingData but actually posted in FloatingSheep.  Reminds me that I can now and should update my post on bakeries per capita benchmarking.  I have a hypothesis that I will document that there has been a great bakery collapse here in the 21'st century.  Such is progress.


Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks like Pittsburgh is in the more bars category. And I'm surprised to see much of NYC and the region in the "more grocery store" camp. Maybe they're counting bodegas?

Wednesday, March 03, 2010 8:48:00 AM  
Blogger C. Briem said...

Have you lived in NYC? I'm told they are going away to a degree, but the small Korean groceries used to be ubiquitous. I suspect those types of shops are impacting the numbers.

Wednesday, March 03, 2010 8:56:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home