Friday, March 05, 2010

Sewer Swaps lead to Serious Sentencing

no, not here. Well, at least not the latter.  We sure had the former (check that link; did that review ever happen or is it just another things around here that makes a noise and then is forgotten about?). Details in Bond Buyer today:

Larry Langford, Ex-Jefferson County Commission President, Sentenced to 15 Years

No further comment on that... though I do find myself wondering what is up with Bernardo of late.

Other interesting stuff in there today. How about this:  PNC Opens Michigan Office, Launches Muni Transportation Team

So we have a home team to finance the Spine Line/People Mover thingy?

and from earlier in the week.. Looks like Indianapolis is looking to lease all sorts of city assets out there: Indianapolis Mayor Floats P3 Plan

Since I figure Indianapolis has not gotten into the antisubmarine business I guess that is Public Private Partnerships?  I guess we are abbreviating euphemisms these days.  It's like texting and twitter meet public finance.  Are people too lazy to type that out.


Anonymous johnnyg said...

I dunno. Maybe building Orions *could* be another way to plug the pension "hole". I mean, with the Navy moving to the P8 Poseidon, the tooling for the P3 has to be available cheap, right?

Friday, March 05, 2010 10:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home