Monday, April 12, 2010

and then they were gone

Just last week I commented on the train that has been sitting on the tracts along the Mon/Bike trail for several years  without movement.   Well,  reports are that over the weekend it went all kinetic on us and is gone.  Poof.  Disappeared.  Never to be seen again?

Sign of the auto industry picking up?  One of those obscure economic indicators that are more important than what you hear about in the news from the talking heads?  or off to a railcar graveyard somewhere, or maybe just shunted off to a more obscure siding?  Who knows?

So we (the royal we that is) take full credit for getting the train moved whether deserved or not.  It is quite a coincidence that after I think several full years of sitting stationary it just picks up and moves.  I honestly did note a few pings on the site from what could have been CSX folks or related... but I will still chalk it up to pure coincidence.  If I really thought folks in general, let alone the rail industry power that be, read my ramblings I would get all self-conscious.  If I had any real power over the rail industry...  I don't think I'd waste it on moving unused rail cars.  Maybe we could build a passenger rail line to Cranberry or something?  You hear that mysterious rail lurker!


Blogger illyrias said...

Well, if you did have anything to do with it, I offer a big hearty thank you. To those of us who use the bike trails or drive down 837, those rail cars were an obnoxious eyesore.

Monday, April 12, 2010 10:49:00 AM  
Blogger Maria said...

Does that mean that we can blame you for not blogging about it a couple of years earlier?


Thursday, April 15, 2010 3:27:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home