Saturday, May 15, 2010

non-foodie Burgh

If I was a magazine:

The uber graphic on how regions spend their money on food:   That gives me lots of ideas.  That graphic template should be a ManyEyes visualization type.

If I understand it (and I may not for the record), we are off the chart on the bottom and their Pittsburgh Food quotient is here. We are there, just below Houston. Low, but not off the chart.

No wonder we are zagat-less. Still no Zagats; what was the G20 good for? 



Blogger illyrias said...

At the same time, according to a recent poll, we have a very high percentage of restaurants and bars.

I think this graphical has to speak to the cost of food in the Pittsburgh region. From farmer's markets to happy hour to downtown lunches, Pittsburgh is very cheap. It's not like we eat half as much groceries as Austin. But I would venture to say that many of our items are half the price as equivalents in New York and Boston.

Monday, May 17, 2010 9:30:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home