Sunday, May 09, 2010

Quick.. name your pick for Lt. governor

Senate race polling continues to surprise, but it gets me thinking.....  Is there anyone polling the respective Lt. governors' races??   I guess if people are not paying much attention to the race for governor which is what the polling suggests (36% undecided a week out?!), they sure are not paying attention at all to who might become Lt. Governor. Must be some pathologically high undecided count there I bet.  Worse than some of the statewide row office races it seems to me.  But a couple folks are going to win their respective primaries.   I wonder what percentage of people can even name a single candidate on either side?

Of course, I bet only a fightfully small number of Pennsylvanians could name who the Lt. Governor is right now.. 
and on the Senate race...  Conservative commentator Andrew Breitbart has an interesting perspective looking at military folks who have entered politics.


Anonymous MH said...

Isn't our current Lt. Gov. still the campaign at funerals lady?

Sunday, May 09, 2010 4:19:00 PM  
Anonymous MH said...

I finally checked Wikipedia and realized that I'm 18 months out of date. There must have been something in the newspaper, but apparently it didn't stick.

Sunday, May 09, 2010 7:54:00 PM  
Blogger C. Briem said...

I wasn't sure if that was just a joke in poor taste..

Probably best not to get all your news from blogs, but you are likely not alone. I bet a decent chunk of people think CBK is the Lt. governor.

Sunday, May 09, 2010 9:04:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nah, it's Scarnatti, or some such, right?

Anyway, I'm going for the black lady for lt. gov. next Tuesday.

Sunday, May 09, 2010 10:49:00 PM  
Blogger Lady Elaine said...

Personally, I'm praying for Metcalfe to win. It seems the Republicans didn't learn from Rendell in '02 that one should ALWAYS pick your man (woman) when running, or you will be STUCK with . . . well, you know, CBK.

That immigration bill--a treasure. And that's just a tip of the iceberg.

Sunday, May 09, 2010 11:25:00 PM  
Blogger C. Briem said...

You're all ringers. NS readers must define self-selection on steroids.

Seriously, if we could get a legit poll just to identify Scarnati.. anyone want to place a number for the over/under. 10%? Less?

Sunday, May 09, 2010 11:37:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definitely less than 10 percent.

In related news, I spoke with a college intern at my workplace yesterday, from Erie, who could not name either of the state's U.S. senators. She did, however, know Rendell, Ravenstahl, and the mayor of Erie, which isn't so bad I guess.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010 10:01:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home