Monday, May 17, 2010

real world data fusion

Speaking of maps.. and for no local reason.  All the news from the Gulf of Mexico has me checking in with what is one of the more amazing real world, and real time data sites out there. This site has the real time positions of all the ships at sea, including many of those oil rigs... at least those that don't mind folks knowing where they are.

So of course the IT center of the universe could do the same thing with buses.... or snow plows?

I guess we can obsess on all things political for the time being.  I don't have much until the election returns show up.  The election is tomorrow isn't it.   For a moment I thought it was a week from tomorrow. 


Blogger Paul said...

I guess that makes Chicago the IT capital of the US:

We do have it for bus schedules though:, which would be nice if the PAT buses would ever run according to schedule :-(

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 12:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home