Thursday, June 24, 2010

daily ranking from the 1950's

I just have nothing to say on this one.'s-manliest-cities

I mean.. really? There's even criteria that is beyond comment. One of the subcriteria is 'Manly “Kryptonite” Category / Emasculating Criteria'.


Anonymous BrianTH said...

Among many hilarious elements, perhaps my favorite was treating subscriptions to magazines with a female target audience as an "emasculating" factor. I know that I feel emasculated by women who read!

Second favorite might be the fact that that this COMBOS-sponsored study included salty snack sales as a major category, and yet some joker managed to sneak "triathlons/marathons" in with "NASCAR tracks and events, NHRA events, local drag racing strips, [and] monster truck events" in the sports category.

Thursday, June 24, 2010 7:52:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait a minute. A city with a girl's name--Charlotte--is the most manly city?! Epic fail, as the kids say.

Thursday, June 24, 2010 11:34:00 AM  
Anonymous TIMOTHY MURRAY said...

The only thing I cared about was that Pittsburgh ranked ahead of -- dare I say it? -- San Francisco. We do. Whew! And thank goodness, if you know what I mean.

And Brian TH, it's not "women who read" but "women who read O-Oprah Magazine" that is so threatening. For reasons too numerous to chronicle.

Thursday, June 24, 2010 1:12:00 PM  
Anonymous BrianTH said...

The list is:

Martha Stewart Living, O-Oprah Magazine, Vanity Fair, Bon Appétit, Real Simple, Vogue, etc.

Judging from their general approach, I'm guessing their belief is that real men are only interested in women who read People, Star, and the National Enquirer.

Thursday, June 24, 2010 1:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home