Wednesday, June 02, 2010

So I barely use Twitter, have no idea what Foursquare does and still have not figured out what Justin Bieber does for a living.....    now Groupon?

This news story from Crain's Chicago last week talks about the founder of Groupon, supposedly another internet shooting star. I have no idea and since we don't do advertising here, why do I care?   The founder is yet another diasporan: 29-year-old from Pittsburgh native Andrew Mason.   Just another in a long line of Burghers.  Also not mentioned much, but Flikr founder Caterina Fake is also originally a Pittsburgher. 

Does anyone have a more complete list of the top Yinzers of all time?  Remember back before Marcellus was on the tip of everyone's tongue, the prime example of new Pittsburgh was Fore Systems (and its 'quirky office campus' as described by the PBT in a bit of related news just the other day)?  I may have to look up what the four who made up the acronymious FORE are up to these days.

Whenever I saw the uber-attention made of that building at the time I always thought of Sally Field channeling the region saying something like...   "You think I'm cool, you really think I'm cool".


Blogger Ms. Monongahela, Ms. Chief Editor said...

And here, I thought Groupon was an adult entertainment site.

Wednesday, June 02, 2010 10:40:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home