Saturday, July 24, 2010

Misc Marcellus

AP has a brief item on the impact of the natural gas industry in Pennsylvania Politics: Group: Gas money pours into Pa. races, lobbying.  I feel an info-graphic coming on.

Everyone knows of the explosion in Indiana Township I suspect.  My take is that we will know when all the hype is true when we build an indigenous capacity in Pennsylvania to fight blowouts like this instead of bringing in the Red Adair types from Texas.  Could be an economic cluster unto itself eventually.

And a curious side note.  I don't quite get the point, but the Marcellus Shale Coalition has a PR to make sure people know that the incident in Indiana Township was at a "shallow, non-Marcellus Shale natural gas well".   I mean.... it's non-Ordovician shale gas as well.

Which leads to something from last week that just again gets me wondering about the demand for all of this natural gas.  From SeekingAlpha: Why Poland Is the Most Compelling Shale Gas Opportunity Right Now.  Makes you wonder where there isn't some new shale gas about to be discovered and developed. As I said before, my winter heating bill better go down is all I know.


Blogger Bram Reichbaum said...

Your PR link is no longer found. Human error or forsaken rail car effect?

Saturday, July 24, 2010 8:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home