Monday, July 05, 2010

Pensions Straight Up

I missed this last week, but this is clearly the best pension fund news of late.

In related news: no relation, unfortunately.

For real: Any local versions of this story from Ohio?! (BW corrected the Pennsylvania reference in this story...  but I mean in any local municipal pension funds.... of course who really knows what the 3 thousand local pension funds in Pennsylvania even have in their portfolios??)


Anonymous Anonymous said...

If they can use whiskey as collateral, Why can't Pittsburgh cut out the middlemen and transfer the parking garages into their pension fund(s)?

Tuesday, July 06, 2010 8:58:00 AM  
Blogger C. Briem said...

Different laws apply I think. In the US, but I am pretty sure PA statutes would make it a lot more problematic. Can always change the law of course.

But if it was legal the better corollary is... play with me here... City or PWSA has some liens on Iron City assets I suspect? ergo...

Tuesday, July 06, 2010 9:58:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home