Monday, September 06, 2010

Battleship sized lines

Battleship sized lines today at the LST visiting Pittsburgh. I wonder what the ship's biggest daily visitor count has ever been?   At 10am the line stretched as in the pic below.  Imagine if they came during the regatta? Maybe next year?

Something to think about.  If you took just the 269 LST's built in Pittsburgh and lined them up stem to stern, you would get a line of ships that stretched 16 continuous miles.


Anonymous BrianTH said...

We visited on Saturday, and the line was past the Rogers Memorial that day as well. And while it isn't the Regatta, lots of people were moving back and forth between Ribs Fest.

I know this is a big fundraiser for them, so I am glad it is going well.

Monday, September 06, 2010 3:12:00 PM  
Blogger Sextant said...

My wife and I went on Saturday. We got there shortly after 9:00 delayed by the throng running past in the 5K Steeler Race. We walked right on-board with no line. By the time we left at 11:30 the line was well past the bridge abutment. The tour was a great experience for me.

Monday, September 06, 2010 7:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home