Monday, September 13, 2010

For the (pseudo) record

Yinzerwonks know that the bids for the Pittsburgh Parking Authority leases are about to come in.  The amounts that come in will define politics here for a decade.  My predictive markets have not always worked out so well, or else I would try that here. We'll try something simpler this time around.   Sooooo..... My speculation for what the final bid comes in at is.... ........drumroll please......


I should come up with a prize for whomever comes closest in terms of a $ amount and puts it into the semi-public record here. Note that I mean the final highest bid.  There may be some iterations of the bidding process before the process concludes.  I am only interested in what the final number looks like.  Anyone with a guess, educated or otherwise, speculation, or just the result of a personal random number generator?


Blogger Burgher Jon said...


What can I say, I'm an optimist. If you'll buy that one, I'll take a parlay on the Pirates in the playoffs in 2011.

Since you're prediction is probably more scientific then mine, care to show us your algorithm?

Monday, September 13, 2010 12:10:00 PM  
Anonymous MH said...

I'm taking $250 million. Because I like round numbers and pessimism.

Monday, September 13, 2010 12:32:00 PM  
Anonymous n'at said...

Pessimism isn't realism, as the option wouldn't have been pursued if the potential bidder didn't express to the prospective client that said option would meet or exceed the clients needs.

$575M - Just because want to see admin and council toss their high-mindedness out the window and blow that cash on mag wheels, and laser guns for the FOP.

Monday, September 13, 2010 2:03:00 PM  
Anonymous BrianTH said...

I'll take $399,999,999.99

Monday, September 13, 2010 2:04:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's say I did like on the Price is Right when they guessed $1 to get the low number.

Monday, September 13, 2010 2:42:00 PM  
Anonymous MH said...

Oops. That was me.

Monday, September 13, 2010 2:43:00 PM  
Blogger C. Briem said...

Oh, I haven't had the time to do anything formally. That and I wouldn't be let anywhere near the data that would be needed to do it. Call that number a gut feel.

Monday, September 13, 2010 5:59:00 PM  
Blogger Bram Reichbaum said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Monday, September 13, 2010 6:21:00 PM  
Blogger fester said...

325,124,987.65 is my guess, just enough to get the pension fund out of trouble as of Dec. 31, but not enough to actually solve the long term problem.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 12:13:00 AM  
Anonymous Morgan Stanley said...


Plus a get-out-of-jail-free card, of course.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 10:34:00 PM  
Blogger Bram Reichbaum said...

$370 million. Also, I predict the bidding will move on to the "highest and best" bonus round.

My comment above was just me bidding $1 before I noticed someone else told that joke.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010 10:24:00 AM  
Blogger Burgher Jon said...

So now that I won, I'm curious if you came up with a prize.

Monday, September 27, 2010 4:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home