Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Daily ranking and you know who

I am a little unclear if this came out today, or last month.  But, which is somehow related to the parent of the PBT I think has a new ranking out that has us among the very top for regions with the highest income growth rates.  Worth poking at some more when I get time.

and I owe Pittsblog a post.. I do.. but Mike can't keep me honest to my own promise to abstain from commenting on you know who.  It's all a bit like Dr. Strangelove's hand I suppose.


Anonymous BrianTH said...

Of course starting in 1984 helps the comparative growth rate a bit, since at the time Pittsburgh's relative per capita income was into its steel-bust plunge. Nonetheless, even if you start the fit in 1991 (at which point Pittsburgh had recovered in terms of relative PCI), there is still a solid upward trend.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010 5:32:00 PM  
Blogger Jim Russell said...

As far as Pittsburgh is concerned, starting in 1970 would tell the same story.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010 7:22:00 PM  
Anonymous The Wiz said...

As far as "you know who" or BGB, I am always confused when I read in the PG about all those gas jobs that are 'taken' by people from Ok or Tx. These are executive positions, legal teams, engineering, environmental, PR types, skilled technicians, and more brought to Pittsburgh creating a new industry of deep-well gas development. These people will add lots of energy to Pittsburgh and should be welcomed. Instead, people always complain that 'outsiders' are taking all the good jobs.

The better route would be learn from them and integrate our skills with theirs. Then we can all be one happy Steeler Nation.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010 10:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home