Monday, December 13, 2010

For the Secret Order of the Yinzerati file

I really do sometimes wonder if Pittsburgh is the center of some vast unseen power that really controls much of the nation, if not the world. 

For those following the big news today nationally that a Virginia Federal Judge has ruled against a key provision of health care reform.  The plaintiff in that case is the Virginia Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli.   Actually I do not think he is a diasporan himself, but Ken's dad has been here in town for decades.  Just interesting. All roads lead to Pittsburgh one way or another.

I'm willing to take odds on a political prediction.  Just because I don't want to get into what may may happen in the very next next presidential cycle, but I foresee a Santorum/Cuccinelli  R ticket for 2016.

and I will point out the use of the term here, this is all a foil to point out that yinzerati has now made it into the Urban Dictionary. I still think it is misspelled.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Rebecca said...

I always thought it was "yunz" too. We certainly pronounced it that way in Derry. It was only about six years ago that I first saw it written as "yinz." In fact, it was the New Yinzer where I first saw it spelled that way. I wonder if maybe the Pittsburgh radio personalities' characterization of the Pittsburgh accent influenced the spelling?

Tuesday, December 14, 2010 10:14:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home