Saturday, January 29, 2011

"Flintstones run Pittsburgh real estate"

Just because I know I have a lot of friends in the real estate biz who read here I can't help but pass on this obscure, if extensive, critique of the online presence of Pittsburgh real estate firms.  See:

Flintstones Run Pittsburgh Real Estate

and while I'm not quite qualified to evaluate its content, it's kind of entertaining in its indictment of all that is in the nexus of Pittsburgh, real estate and the Internet.  I'm not one to talk about long rambling rant-like typing on esoteric subjects I know...  but wow, what promted that?


Anonymous MH said...

I'm not sure who wrote that, but it probably isn't an actual realtor. Everything is spelled right.

Saturday, January 29, 2011 9:58:00 PM  
Blogger Bram Reichbaum said...

I"m not pretending to know anything about the real estate biz or its mores and folkways. But if real estate speculation is anything like derivatives speculation, maybe the fact that we can be satirized as "living in the Stone Age" is part of our high rankings, resiliency and success?

Not that some happier mediums might not be in order.

Sunday, January 30, 2011 3:38:00 AM  
Anonymous BrianTH said...

It is kinda shocking how bad the online resources for home hunting are in Pittsburgh--Prudential Preferred is the best of the bunch but really no more than mediocre, and Howard Hanna is almost insultingly terrible.

I like Bram's attempt to find a silver lining, but I really doubt the only the only thing standing between Pittsburgh and a Sun Belt-style housing bubble was low-resolution photos online. If I had to explain it, I'd point out that clunky, crummy online resources might help potential buyers resign themselves to needing the help of agents.

Sunday, January 30, 2011 4:16:00 AM  
Anonymous MH said...

Most agents worry more about sellers than buyers. That's who pays them. Since most houses seem to be sold by older people, there probably isn't as much pressure for better web sites.

Sunday, January 30, 2011 4:47:00 PM  
Blogger Jim Russell said...

I'd characterize Pittsburgh as ahead of the curve, not way behind it.

I find real estate websites to be useless, regardless of market.

Monday, January 31, 2011 2:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home