Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Books without Borders

Borders to close stores in Monroeville, Whitehall,(that's Whitehall somewhere out East), East Liberty, and Bethel Park according to bankruptcy filing:

So about half their stores in the region it looks like.  Add in the Joseph Beth closure (someone didn't get that memo) and it's the great Bookalypse. Check the AP style manual, that's what it is called.  What's a respectable TIF to do these days?


and I fully admit I stole the title there from Tweeter YaJagoff. Just too good to pass up.


Anonymous MH said...

I knew the East Liberty one was in trouble. I'm there often enough. I had thought that the Monroeville one store might make it.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011 10:58:00 AM  
Blogger Felix Dzerzhinsky said...

Which ones stay open? McKnight Rd, Pittsburgh Mills -- where else?

Wednesday, February 16, 2011 2:29:00 PM  
Blogger Vannevar said...

TIF ? I need help with the TLA, please.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011 5:51:00 PM  
Blogger C. Briem said...

I guess one would not presume I was talking about TIFfany's?  More this definition.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011 8:47:00 PM  
Blogger Vannevar said...

Thank you kind sir!

Wednesday, February 16, 2011 11:29:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And it's now going on two years since B&N closed in Squirrel Hill.

Thursday, February 17, 2011 9:20:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home