Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Da ink, da ink

Fill in the blank.   The largest number of local voters in the primary, those who actually show up at the polls that is, were born during the administration of President _____________?

My answer is in the City Paper today, which will not be online until tomorrow.  Guesses?

update:  I had no idea this story on youth voter participation was coming out today.

One clue:  It is not Benjamin Harrison, although I did find a couple (literally two) voters who had listed birthdates that far back.  I am pretty sure that for them the years were miscoded back when they registered 50+ years ago. If you know any 110 year old voters let me know and I bet we can pass that on and get them mentioned in one of the local (ink-based) papers. We certainly have some centenarians among the supervoters out there.


Blogger fester said...

FDR --- that covers the 66 to 78 cohort so the combination of a wide spread for FDR and an ancient voting population in Pittsburgh makes this an odds-on bet.

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 12:36:00 PM  
Anonymous BrianTH said...

FDR is smart for the above-given reason, but I am going to say Truman anyway and hope to draw an inside straight.

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 1:45:00 PM  
Anonymous MH said...

I'm going to go with Ike because no other plausible answer is left.

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 1:49:00 PM  
Blogger joe said...

I'll say FDR, even 1st and 2nd termers, old enough to remember his visit here in October 1940.

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 2:09:00 PM  
Anonymous The Wiz said...

Define "local voters" is that within Pittsburgh city limits? Or Allegheny Co? Or the Pitts MSA?

Makes a difference as the demographics vary widely.

City only.....Nixon.


The MSA..... FDR

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 2:15:00 PM  
Blogger john b said...

I would have to go with FDR only because he ruled for just shy of 16 years. Plus have you seen the "average voter" yes some are bordering on the Herbert Hoover administration. More power to them I home I'm that wry when I'm 78.

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 2:46:00 PM  
Anonymous n'at said...

My vote is for that sad sack, LBJ, because I'm optimistic.

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 6:34:00 PM  
Anonymous BrianTH said...

Sadly the obvious answers were also correct: FDR #1 at 21.7%, Ike #2 at 18.3%. But I am proud of my boy Truman making it to #3 with 17.7%.

Thursday, June 09, 2011 8:03:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home