Monday, October 10, 2011

Columbus Day - Mapping Italian Pittsburgh

For Columbus Day: Italian Pittsburgh mapped below.  For my Bloomfield friends: no, the census gnomes do not distinguish between Sicilian and Italian.  Still, the only census tract in the county with more than 30% of ethnicities tallied as Italian (individuals can select up to two so it is not a population proportion exactly) is tract 802 in the City of Pittsburgh.   Lower Bloomfield, as it were.


Anonymous MH said...

I did a search of your site and didn't see it, but I'm wondering if somebody hasn't done a similar graph for the Irish.

Monday, October 10, 2011 3:21:00 PM  
Blogger C. Briem said...

I don't think I have. Maybe for St. Patty's Day I will, though I suspect the Irish came earlier and diffused so long ago that it will be hard to see much. My grandmother was one of 8 sisters who all emigrated here from Galway around the turn of the century. The geography of that clan is now worldwide.

Monday, October 10, 2011 7:32:00 PM  
Anonymous gutscheine zum ausdrucken said...

sehr guter Kommentar

Sunday, February 24, 2013 8:01:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home