Monday, October 24, 2011

Frequency hopping

Warning..  more random than normal bit of Briem stream of consciousness follows. Waste time reading at your peril.

I remember watching last weeks Steelers game and seeing them cut to Polamalu talking on the cell phone and immediately thinking that was not a good thing to show.. Indeed the use of cell phones is not permitted on the sidelines.  Bad Troy.. Bad Troy. Was it some secret conversation with a consultant far away?  I really thought he looked like he was calling his wife.. and he was!  Yet it may have something to do with the game coming up against New England as well.

What the fine handed down to Troy reminded me of is frequency-gate, as was alleged against Bill Belichick a few years ago. .  I could not find any significant updates on it all.  Others like me are a bit perplexed of the lack of public follow up by the NFL specific to what the allegations really were.. and what the resolution was. I still really wonder what the initial thought was behind the accusation of improper use of frequencies.  That was far more interesting that some possible improper videotaping which I think is most of what was talked about in the open. 

So if you see one of these mounted on a pickup or something in the next week, call Roger Goodell..  or ProPublica I guess. If it also has Mass. plates..  call me! and we will get a picture first.  Think I am being paranoid?  You really have to wonder what that thing is mounted on top of the science center.. just feet from Heinz Field?  If it is not collecting some sort of signal, then it is scooping up intergalactic krill somehow.  

What this all probably is coming from in my head is that when I was living in DC, one year the house some roommates and I were renting was in the literal line of sight straight line between the Soviet embassy that never opened up and the White house.   My bedroom window gave a clear view of one of the more impressive arrays of antennae I've ever seen.


Anonymous Anonymous said...

And hidden on the grounds of the Naval Observatory right around the corner was one of the more impressive attenne arrays listening to the Soviets. A friend in military intelligence tells me that the report of the coup that led to Yeltsin's ascendancy were first noted by shocked techs listening at the Naval Observatory--mostly because no significant transmissions from the embassy were ever unencoded, but this information was.

Monday, October 24, 2011 2:13:00 PM  
Blogger C. Briem said...

Does Google earth still obscure the VP's home?

Monday, October 24, 2011 3:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home