Monday, October 17, 2011

Protest what?

I have looked at this a lot, but never had a reason for posting about it.  So now I note Bram passed on the image that highlights the conundrum going on Downtown and elsewhere as folks struggle to figure out where to focus their anger. It reminded me of  what may be the ultimate financial infographic of all time. See below.

Not new, this has been floating around for quite some time at this point.  I believe this is the original source, but it is hard to tell given how much the image has been passed around.  This is the reverse engineering one couple did of what happened to a single mortgage as it went from the signing of their promissory note and down into the rabbit hole known as the financial markets.  I keep trying, and failing, to find George Bailey in there somewhere.  As much as the name and cartoons are far more accessible to the general public, this is a far more accurate representation of what is otherwise known as Toxie in other circumstances (I have no reason to think Dan and Teri are themselves anything other than good credit risks). 

So let's say you were angry over the foreclosure crisis.. where in this diagram is the center of gravity that you would vent your anger at? 


Blogger Bram Reichbaum said...

There is recently being widely circulated an attempted answer:

It seems like a good effort at a grand unification theory, but it may raise a more troubling question than it solves. If we need to get money out of politics, and if so long as there is money and politics then there money will be in politics, then... what?

Monday, October 17, 2011 1:13:00 PM  
Blogger Bram Reichbaum said...

Oh whoops, that 2nd link doesn't go where I meant it to go:

Also I got the grammar messed up in my summation but I think it's still clear.

Monday, October 17, 2011 2:05:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find it difficult to believe that all this slicing & dicing doesn't raise the cost of borrowing AND bank operations. Local optimizations but with system losses.


Monday, October 17, 2011 7:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home