Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The last Maglev post ever?

So I do admit I need a life.  Flipping through in-flight video I had no idea what I was scanning when I literally thought a mail box… yes, a mail box, looked awfully familiar.  Some drama TV that I just could not identify.  Then in the background of an outdoor shot I clearly caught Steeler paraphernalia that looked not staged.  What show was filmed in Pittsburgh that I could not identify I wondered.  I thought I was making it up but then a clear shot of a Downtown scene and the Caligiuri statue plain as day. 



Funny thing though..  Show turns out to have been from a new USA network series Suits which I see no reference saying it was filmed here.  Maybe I was half asleep?

Anyway.. on my list of stories I need to write someday is the complete history of Maglev in Pittsburgh.   Drink! Trib: Maglev assets headed to auction.


Wasn’t the last story we heard that the bankruptcy filing was only due to a delay in getting a round of federal funding?

8 Comments:

Blogger Jim Russell said...

It was Pittsburgh.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 9:34:00 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Definitely Pittsburgh. I e-mailed a friend at USA Network. It was stock footage. She told me that they received tons of e-mails, tweets, etc... when the episode originally aired.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 12:23:00 PM  
Anonymous BrianTH said...

I guess 2.5 years and counting for a new surface transportation bill converts waiting to liquidating.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 1:06:00 PM  
Anonymous The Wiz said...

you need long stretches of fairly flat land to get up to a high rate of speed. And you can't do that going up and down hills like you would in Western Pennsylvania,

Read more: Maglev assets headed to auction - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/pittsburgh/s_781393.html#ixzz1mOe1w2Ve


So I guess that the hills weren't there when this was proposed???

And then there this..... They weren't really honest about the total cost...." Do tell!

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 5:08:00 PM  
Anonymous BrianTH said...

That bit about flat terrain is not accurate. One of the attractive characteristics of Maglev is that it can accelerate harder than steel-wheel HSR, which means it can potentially handle hills better, and similarly operate better in tight urban settings. Pittsburgh made the short list for a possible Maglev pilot project in part because these claims could have been tested here.

What changed isn't the discovery of hills in Pittsburgh. What changed is we have decided to commit to an incremental approach to passenger rail development.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 1:21:00 AM  
Anonymous MH said...

Zero isn't really an increment.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 10:30:00 AM  
Anonymous Frances said...

No, this will not be your last Maglev post ever. Just FYI.

Friday, February 24, 2012 9:48:00 AM  
Blogger Junda Xu said...

20160324 junda
air jordan uk
under armour shoes
louis vuitton uk
ray bans
supra shoes
michael kors outlet
nike huarache trainers
designer bags
fitflops clearance
coach outlet
ray ban outlet
ghd flat iron
michael kors outlet
coach outlet online
ray ban
ralph lauren outlet
running shoes
coach outlet
michael kors outlet online
omega watches
ralph lauren outlet
timberland outlet
fitflop uk
ralph lauren outlet
coach factory outlet
gucci borse
fitflops
nike air max
prada handbags
michael kors uk
toms outlet
omega seamaster
polo ralph lauren
cheap oakley sunglasses
ray ban sunglasses
cheap uggs
christian louboutin
nike air max
chaussure louboutin
coach outlet

Wednesday, March 23, 2016 9:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home