Friday, April 27, 2012

Trending

So if you caught this story in the Trib yesterday..  Pittsburgh region's profile rising among Chinese, The chart below may say it all with China and India being the largest drivers by far of recent immigrant flows coming to and settling in Pittsburgh.  File under factoids that surprise folks locally, but yet there are more folks born in Asia living in Pittsburgh these days than there are folks born anywhere in Europe. I've had people strenuously argue the point with me.  Surprising most likely because the switch happened in just the last decade and maybe because some do not realize how long ago it was that European immigration into Pittsburgh slowed. When you realize than the local foreign born population born in Europe is much much older than the population born elsewhere outside of the US... in a decade or so the composition of the local foriegn born population is going to be an even larger majority Asian.  Basically, there is no reason to think the trends in the chart below can't be extrapolated into the foreseeable future.



5 Comments:

Blogger BrianTH said...

Personally, I'm happy to embrace the emerging Asiaburgh. In the short term we need the immigrant boost, and in the long run it seems pretty smart to be developing ties with China and India.

Saturday, April 28, 2012 1:25:00 AM  
Anonymous paper tubes said...

Aw, this was a really quality post. In theory I'd like to write like this too - taking time and real effort to make a good article... but what can I say... I procrastinate alot and never seem to get something done.
paper core pipe

Saturday, April 28, 2012 3:56:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a clever spam!

Monday, April 30, 2012 9:04:00 AM  
Blogger One J said...

ray ban sunglasses
michael kors outlet online
fendi
michael kors handbags
jordan concords
abercrombie and fitch
tods outlet store
michael kors outlet online
coach factory online
coach outlet store online
ray ban sunglasses outlet
jordan 6 black infrared 2015
fitflop sale
coach outlet online
hollister
fendi handbags
michael kors outlet online
prada
true religion outlet
coach factory
coach factory outlet
michael kors handbags
louis vuitton outlet
p90x
2015617yuanyuan

Wednesday, June 17, 2015 4:54:00 AM  
Blogger Mrs Sharon Sim said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

Friday, December 04, 2015 2:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home