Wednesday, October 17, 2012

500 months of unemployment

512 months actually.  This is mostly a test, so comments appreciated on whether this works.  Below ought to be an interactive graphic of the Pittsburgh region's unemployment back to 1970.  If the embed does not work it can be seen via this link directly.

update:  my embed is doing funky things.. but still appreciate comment on what people see via direct link.


Anonymous Anonymous said...

It works for me. Cool feature!

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 10:12:00 AM  
Anonymous MH said...

It works for me and for some reason I have IE8.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 10:54:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why is the graph entitled, "Total Passenger Enplanements"? I thought the post was about unemployment.

As an aside, I noticed that the September PEQ ran the same two bar graphs on page three, with two different titles, but I'll look it up on the PghTODAY website.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 11:04:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great plotting! Maybe put links into the highs and lows explaining the events leading to those numbers...

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 11:48:00 AM  
Anonymous The Wiz said...

Nice how you can zoom into specific timelines to get more details.Amazing how little Pittsburgh was affected by the bubble burst or by 9/11

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 12:47:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Works well using direct link on iPhone 5 (iOS 6). Very cool. Now, can you please fix how maddening posting comments using iOS 6 has become?

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 2:04:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea low-resolution security codes on auto-completing mobile devices sucks hard.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 2:19:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for this. Now I have a pictoral answer for when people ask me why I wasn't so high on the Reagan years.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 8:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home