Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Remember transit Tuesday?

A regular Tuesday post on transit was once a staple here, have not had much to say in awhile..  But back  when I did have a regular Transit Tuesday post, the transit vision for the county was still semi-officially embodied in the illustration below. So not that long ago really. Is any of this vision left? With the exception on one spur of BRT being worked on, is any of this vision even being mentioned in passing. Seriously, any of it?

But we have moved on past Maglev.. I think? That only took 30 years of $$$  This reminds me it is about time for an AVRR story in the news. 


Anonymous MH said...

No gondola?

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 9:06:00 AM  
Blogger C. Briem said...

Which gondola project to which you refer? Not like there has only been one?

But even for us, it may be a transit mode too far.

But seriously, never any follow up. Wasn't there even some seed money for one of the latest versions of the gondola concept?

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 9:18:00 AM  
Anonymous MH said...

I was thinking of Brian's grand plan. I myself don't like heights, but it seemed like a neat plan.

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 2:13:00 PM  
Blogger C. Briem said...

I may have been thinking of the Zip Line idea... what is the update with that?

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 3:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home