Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Wikipedia Journalists

I'm surprised nobody has done this yet. I've create a Wikipedia category for Journalists from Pennsylvania.  Just a start, but go add the appropriate tag ("[Journalists from Pennsylvania]") to all the other folks who should be included and the category page will update automatically. I've started with just a few. Maybe a homework assignment @andrewconte can give his students.  Really I wanted to create a category for [Journalists from Pittsburgh], but I am not sure the Wikipedia gnomes would allow that, yet.

Just checking in on one of the last Wikipedia pages I created. I bet there is more to be added to the Steps of Pittsburgh. Maybe some categories? Longest steps?


Anonymous Horrible Howell said...

I see that the [Journalists from Portland, Oregon] category has survived for 2.5 years with no WikiGnome interference, so you shouldn't be too afraid of creating a similar category for Pittsburgh.

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 9:25:00 PM  
Anonymous MH said...

This reminds me that some Canadian created a Wikipedia page for the founder of my hometown. Called him stupid and didn't actually mention he founded a town. I'll fix that soonish.

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 11:02:00 PM  
Anonymous Gnome Chomsky said...

I was wondering why you checked out my Wiki page.

Thursday, March 27, 2014 9:54:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you didn't include Dennis Roddy in your list

Although I guess his status as a journalist is in question.

Thursday, March 27, 2014 10:39:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home